Supreme Court lawyers write to CJI to hear about Suo Moto hate speech allegedly calling for genocide of Muslims in Haridwar and Delhi – Read the letter
76 Supreme Court lawyers sent a letter to Chief Justice of India NV Ramana highlighting the two separate events organized in Delhi (by Hindu Yuva Vahini) and Haridwar (by Yati Narsinghanand) on 17 and 19 December 2021 in which hate speech consisting of open calls for genocide of Muslims in order to achieve the ethnic cleansing were pronounced.
They urged CJI to take cognizance of it on the motorcycle. A request for the issuance of instructions to take action against the culprits under Sections 120B, 121A, 124A, 153A, 153B, 295A and 298 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 has also been made.
It was stated in the letter that the events and speeches made during the same period were not mere hate speech, but an open call for the murder of an entire community. In this regard, the lawyers in their letter said that the said speeches thus constitute a serious threat not only to the unity and integrity of our country, but also endanger the lives of millions of Muslim citizens.
“It is also pointed out that the recent speeches are part of a series of similar speeches that we have encountered in the past. It can be noted that no effective action has been taken under the provisions of Articles 153, 153A, 153B , 295A, 504, 506, 120B, 34 of the IPC with regard to previous hate speech. We have also been informed that in this regard few petitions under article 32 of the Constitution of the India are also pending before the Supreme Court, ” specifies the letter of December 26, 2021.
The lawyers also said the letter was sent with the expectation that the CJI will take swift action in its capacity as head of the state’s judicial wing and aware of its commitment to both the independence of the judiciary. and the constitutional values that are fundamental to the functioning of a multicultural nation like ours.
Read the letter
Hon’ble Mr. Justice NVRamana
Chief Justice of India
Supreme Court of India
Subject – Prayer for the capture of Suo Moto Knowledge of hate speech calling for genocide of Muslims in Haridwar and Delhi
This is to alert you that between December 17 and 19, 2021 during two separate events organized in Delhi (by Hindu Yuva Vahini) and Haridwar (by Yati Narsinghanand), hate speech consisting of open calls for genocide Muslims in order to carry out ethnic cleansing, were made by the following people:
1. Yati Narsinghan and Giri
2. Sagar Sindhu Maharaj
3. Dharamdas Maharaj
4. Premanand Maharaj
5. Sadhvi Annapoorna aka Pooja Shakun Pandey
6. Swami Anand Swaroop
7. Ashwani Upadhyay
8. Suresh Chavhanke
9. Swami Prabodhan and Giri
The aforementioned events and the speeches made during them are not mere hate speech, but an open call for the murder of an entire community. These speeches therefore constitute a serious threat not only to the unity and integrity of our country, but also endanger the lives of millions of Muslim citizens.
Considering the gravity and gravity of the aforementioned events, it is most humbly prayed that Your Lordship may take cognizance of it suo-moto and order that action be taken against the culprits under Articles 120B, 121A, 153A, 153B , 295A and 298 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
It is also pointed out that recent speeches are part of a series of similar speeches that we have encountered in the past. It should be noted that no effective action has been taken under the provisions of Articles 153, 153A, 153B, 295A, 504, 506, 120B, 34 of the IPC in relation to prior hate speech. Thus, urgent judicial intervention is needed to prevent such events which seem to have become the order of the day. We have also been informed that in this regard, some petitions under Article 32 of the Constitution of India are also pending before the Supreme Court.
We are writing to Your Lordship in the hope of swift action in your capacity as Head of the Judicial Wing of the State and knowing Your Lordship’s commitment to the independence of the judiciary as well as constitutional values. fundamental to the functioning of a multicultural nation such as ours.
1. Anjana Prakash, Sr. Adv. & former judge, High Court of Patna
2. Dushyant Dave, Sr.Adv.
3. Salman Khurshid, Sr. Adv.
4. Prashant Bhushan, Adv.
5. Raju Ramachandran, Senior Adv.
6. Huzefa Ahmadi, Sr. Adv.
7. CUSingh, Sr.Adv.
8. Meenakshi Arora, Sr. Adv.
9. Vrinda Grover, Adv.
10. Harin Raval, Sr. Adv. 11 Siddharth Dave, Sr. Adv. 12.Vibha Makhija, Sr. Adv. 13.Kavin Gulati, Sr. Adv. 14.PVSurendranath, Sr.Adv. 15.Basavprabhu Patil, Sr. Adv. 16.Ejaz Maqbool, Adv.
17. Amita Joseph, Adv. 18.Shomona Khanna, Adv. 19.Fuzail Ahmad Ayyubi, Adv. 20.Amit Anand Tiwari, Adv. 21 Shadaan Farasat, Adv. 22.Jagdeep S. Chhokar, Adv. 23.Mohd.Nizamuddin Pasha, Adv. 24.Anuj Prakaash, Adv.
25 Shoeb Alam, Adv. 26. Rajesh Tyagi, Adv.
28. Kabir Dixit, Adv. 29. Aldanish Rein, Adv. 30.Cheryl D’Souza, Adv. 31.Andleeb Naqvi, Adv. 32.Prerna Chaturvedi, Adv. 33.Nanita Sharma, Adv. 34. Payal Gaikwad, Adv. 35. Ritesh Dhar Dubey, Adv. 36 Shahab Ahmad, Adv. 37.Surya Prakash, Adv. 38 Shahankraj Singh, Adv. 39. Priyanka Shukla, Adv. 40 Shalini Gera, Adv. 41. Aditya Shrivastava, Adv. 42.Afreen, Adv.
43.Subhash Chandran KR, Adv. 44. Rauf Rahim, Adv. 45. Kumaresh Trivedi, Adv. 46 Anas Tanwir, Adv.
47.Tahini Bhushan, Adv. 48. Vinayak pants, Adv.
49.Sitwat Nabi, Adv.
50. Vinayak pants, Adv. 51. Abhisht Hela, Adv.
52. Syed Jafar Alam, Adv. 53.Chandresan B. Rao, Adv. 54. Aditya Kumar, Adv.
55. Mani Gupta, Adv. 56 Abhishek N. Tripathi, Adv. 57. Purvish Jitendra Malkan, Adv. 58.Harsh Parashar, Adv. 59. Avani Bansal, Adv. 60. Mishika Singh, Adv. 61.Rukhsana Choudhury, Adv. 62. Lara Jeswani, Adv.
63 Kritika Agarwal, Adv.
64.Talha Salaria, Adv.
65 Surya Rajappan, Adv.
66. Naveen Nagarjuna, Adv. 67 Mohtasim Syed, Adv. 68. Bharathimohan, Adv.
69. Neha Rathi, Adv.
70. Anubha Rastogi, Adv.
71. Madhur Bharatiya, Adv. 72.Vertika Mani Tripathi, Adv. 73. Yogmaya MG, Adv. 74 Chandrachur Bhattacharyya, Adv. 75.Nayantara Roy, Adv.
76. Jayant Tripathi, Adv.
1. Report dated 23.12.2021 published by Scroll.in entitled “Hindutva
leaders call for murder of Muslims in Haridwar and Delhi events “
2. Web links of speech video clips:
o https://www.ndtv.com/video/news/news/viral-hate-speech-videos-from-haridwar-meet-spark-outrage-no-case-yet-613995 (Speech by Suresh Chavhanke, Yati Narsinghanand , Sadhvi Annapoorna alias Pooja Shakun Pandey, Dharamdas Maharaj, Swami Premanand Maharaj, Swami Prabodhanand)
o https://twitter.com/kaushikrj6/status/1473580908984692736?s= 20 (Speech by Ashwini Upadhyay)
o https://twitter.com/zoo_bear/status/1473689939669921800?s=2 0 (Speech by Yati Narsinghanand)
o https://twitter.com/zoo_bear/status/1473580321429868544 (Speech by Sindhu Sagar Swami)
or query = https3A2F2 Ftwitter.com2Fzoo_bear2Fstatus2F1473581811548651523widget = Tweet (Speech by Anand Swaroop Maharaj)